Groove, Dance and have a Play-Full day out this June holidays at the Goodman Open House, a family-friendly arts festival that offers visitors of all ages the opportunity to enjoy and experience diverse art forms. Held at Goodman Arts Centre, Singapore's largest arts enclave, visitors can also step into the intimate spaces of the artists' studios to better understand the art-making process.
Be immersed in participative music and movement performances at the one-day festival with over 20 different workshops and performances by Goodman's resident artists and arts groups based on the themes of Music, Dance and Play. They can also look forward to hands-on workshops, studio visits and a mini food and art marketplace.
Key highlights include:
• Music: Sit back, unwind and sing along to performances by the Singapore Lyric Opera's Children Choir and the Philharmonic Youth Winds. Families with babies can also check out Little Creatures, a series of musical jam programmes curated by SAtheCollective dedicated to allowing little ones to experiment with musical instruments and exploring sounds and musical ideas. There will also be a jam-along Music Jamboree featuring live musicians and ethnic instruments playing old and new songs.
• Dance: Experience different dance rhythms and movements with interactive dance performances specially curated for both junior and adult audiences. Festivalgoers can also learn more about storytelling using hand gestures, one of the core aspects of Indian Classical Dance.
• Play: Families can look forward to a day of bonding and creativity with fun-filling activities ranging from storytelling sessions, chime-making workshops, watching a puppetry production, caricature drawing or even participate in creating a floor mural!
• Experience: Visitors can immerse themselves in diverse art forms and engage with Goodman's resident artists through open studio visits and have a better understanding of the process of art creation.
• Lifestyle: A specially-curated mini food and art marketplace will also be available during the open house.